The NFA provides financial support for promising students with scholarships named after flutists whose involvement in the NFA helped shape its vision and energy.
- Convention registration scholarships are offered to flutists with financial limitations.
- The Frances Blaisdell Convention Scholarship, named for the pioneering pedagogue and flutist, provides financial assistance to a U.S. student to attend the NFA convention.
- The Myrna Brown International Scholarship, named for the NFA’s
first executive director and a passionate advocate for cultural exchanges through music, provides financial assistance to a flutist from a non-U.S. country to attend the NFA convention. Scholarship awarded biennially.
- The Geoffrey Gilbert Scholarship
prize is awarded to the NFA High School Soloist Competition first-place winner for further flute study with any teacher who is a member of the NFA.
- The Deveau Scholarship is awarded for the outstanding performance of the NFA High School Soloist
Competition commissioned work.
- The First Generation in College Scholarship aims to support and develop educational and career opportunities for talented, first generation in college students.